Sunday, December 11, 2011

New blog...new life!! 1st post!

This has been a very long awaited trip...and has been a long time in the making.  We can see God's hand in everything, and can hardly wait to get our baby girl home with her brothers and sisters.  What an amazing Christmas this will be!

Since I left without setting up the blog to accept email posts, and since you can't see Blogger here in China, to work on it, I had a friend set up a new one for me.  She will also be posting a lot of our pics until I can figure out the email posting she has set up.  I know that our friends and family would like to follow along, so here goes! 

We are finally in Changsha and we will meet Jaidyn in in a few hours. I am very excited and nervous at the same time. We are here with another family getting a baby so that has been good. 

We have been very tired from jetlag and sleeping at the wrong times but as long as we are getting sleep that is what is important. The pics are just of us in Beijing. Beijing was fun but I am just ready to get Jaidyn. 


The first 2 pics are of us at the airport eating lunch and an example of traveling without any sleep looks like...NO....I did not have any alcohol. lol




Next is the view from our hotel room


Tianemen square...we look fat because we had on lots of clothes to keep warm...
or we are just old and fat. lol


Next is the Forbidden city

 Tim ponting the way out o the Forbidden city because you think you will never get out...
it goes on for miles.




Last pics of us at the Great Wall. It was windy and cold and you can see my ida of climbing. I got high enough to see a little and went back to the warm van. I was not up to climbing in the cold. Tim climbed to the third tower and took pics.





2 comments:

  1. Wow Melanie, I read both of your blog postings. I am glad to see that you have Jaidyn and y'all are well. I am sure she will warm up to y'all as time goes by of course. She's probably just trying to process everything in her own way. Love y'all!!!! God's peace! Can't wait to meet her!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Can you believe you have done this 3 times now???!!! So glad you have Jaidyn, and I know everyone at home is anxiously awaiting having her home too! Can't wait to hear all about your trip! Love the pictures, too!


    Liz F

    ReplyDelete